On May 10, 2023, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) updated the processing times for the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) applications under various streams. Based on statistics from all processing centres, the current average LMIA processing times have reduced for all streams except the Global Talent, Permanent Residence, and Low-wage streams.
- Global Talent Stream – 9 business days
- Agricultural stream – 13 business days (-2 days)
- Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program – 8 business days (-4 days)
- Permanent residence stream – 34 business days (+9 days)
- In-home caregivers – 18 business days (-11 days)
- High-wage stream – 31 business days (-2 days)
- Low-wage stream – 37 business days (+1 day)