The MBA is a globally recognized degree that can open doors to many exciting career opportunities. If you’re looking to study for your MBA in Canada, you’ll be pleased to know that there are many top-ranked universities to choose from. Read on to learn more about the Top 7 Universities in Canada for MBA.
Why choose Canada for MBA?
There are many reasons to choose Canada for your MBA, including the quality of Canadian universities, the lower cost of living and tuition, and the country’s diverse culture.
- Canada is an affordable option for people to get their MBA overseas.
- Students can continue living and working in Canada after they complete their degree to gain work experience.
- If you follow the immigration procedure carefully, you can also pursue and apply for permanent residence in Canada.
List of Top 7 Universities in Canada for MBA
Name of University QS Ranking
1. University of Toronto 25
2. University of British Columbia 51
3. McGill University 35
4. Schulich School 45
5. University of Windsor 601
6. University of Alberta 119
7. University of Canada West 81
1. University of Toronto
The Toronto University MBA program is full-time and lasts 2 years. The Financial Times offers its MBA program among the top 22 programs in North America, with a global ranking of 40.
The two primary intakes are:
- Fall – February 3rd is the deadline.
- Winter – June 2nd is the deadline.
Students at the University of Toronto have the option of choosing from several different specializations to help them customize their business course:
- Business Design
- Brand Management
- Funds Management
- General MBA
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Global Management
2. University of British Columbia
This university has a competitive nature because of its reputation for producing excellent students. It has respectable acceptance rates, 50% for undergraduate and 25% for graduate programs. As part of their application process, they take your whole application very seriously and look at all aspects of your credentials.
Fall, Winter, and Summer are the 3 seasons for intakes.
The University of British Columbia offers a variety of graduate programs, including the following:
- Master of Business Analytics
- Master of Science
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Business Administration
3. McGill University
This university is one of the top 3 universities in Canada. Its grads are placed within 3 to 6 months of graduation, on average. The average MBA salary for graduates is $87661 USD. It has a relatively high acceptance rate of 41%, emphasizing grades and standardized test scores rather than extracurricular activities or sports. It’s academically oriented, so it emphasizes academics more than anything else–but that doesn’t mean there isn’t room for fun too!
It’s only open for one part of the year- fall. It doesn’t accept new students during winter or summer.
The graduate programs available through McGill University are as follows:
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A)
- Master of Management (M.MGMT)- Analytic
- Master of Management (M.MGMT)- Finance
- Master of Science (M.Sc)- Computer Science
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng)- Aerospace Engineering
- M.Eng Civil Engineering/ Chemical Engineering
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng)- Mechanical Engineering
4. Schulich School
Queen’s University Business School is known as the Schulich School and has a 45th global ranking, making it #1 in Canada for MBAs. This rank has been verified by CNN Expansion, Forbes, and The Economist. Queen’s also offers MBA programs online – learn more by clicking here.
For their full-time MBA program, this university’s intake occurs twice a year in January and September.
There are several MBA programs offered by Schulich School, and you can:
- Proceed with a dual MBA or customize your MBA program
- Complete your MBA program within 16 or 20 months
- Study part-time as well
5. University of Windsor
The University of Windsor offers diplomas at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. The school has international students from 100 nations enrolled. It has a 751-800 QS ranking and 35% of students are overseas.
Admissions are taken in the fall. Applications must be submitted by April 1st.
It takes 14 months to complete the MBA program. Following are the specialties this program offers:
- General Management
6. University of Alberta
There are 700 different programs offered at the University of Alberta. Individuals with a bachelor’s degree qualify for admission to over 50% of them. They welcome applicants from 170+ countries and have undergrad courses with annual admissions rates between 5% and 35%.
The primary intake is in Fall and the deadline to apply is the 15th of April.
The University of Alberta offers the following courses:
- Core MBA courses extend over 20 months and include an internship
- Career Management Skills
- International Business to Natural Resource Management
- Finance to Marketing
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Natural Resources, Energy and the Environment
- International Business
- Public Policy and Management
7. University of Canada West
One of the benefits of this MBA college is that its students have a high QS ranking. They’re placed in jobs within six months of graduating from their MBA graduate program. This university hosts a lot of international students, with applicants from over 45 countries. It offers numerous courses; options are available for those who don’t meet their eligibility criteria.
The four Intake months are:
- Fall Intake – October
- Winter Intake – January
- Spring Intake – April
- Summer Intake – July
The University of Canada West offers the following courses:
- Preparatory Courses- MBA Foundation
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Associate of Arts
- B.A. Business Communication
How to apply for a Canada Student Visa
In order to apply for a Canada Student Visa, you will need to fill out an application form and submit it to the Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country. The application form can be found on the website of the Government of Canada.
There are a few requirements that you must meet in order to be eligible for a Canada Student Visa. First, you must have been accepted into a full-time program at a designated learning institution in Canada. Second, you must prove that you have enough money to support yourself during your studies in Canada. Lastly, you must be able to demonstrate your ties to your home country, such as a job or family ties.
Once you have submitted your application form, you will need to wait for a decision from the Canadian embassy or consulate. If your application is approved, you will receive a study permit, which will allow you to study in Canada for the duration of your program.
Other Important FAQs
1. What are the requirements for getting an MBA in Canada?
To be eligible for an MBA in Canada, you must have a four-year undergraduate degree from a recognized institution with a minimum GPA of 3.0. You will also need to take the GMAT exam and submit your scores as part of your application.
2. How long does it take to complete an MBA in Canada?
The average length of time to complete an MBA in Canada is two years, although some programs may offer accelerated options that can be completed in as little as one year.
3. How much does it cost to get an MBA in Canada?
The cost of pursuing an MBA in Canada can vary depending on the program and school you choose. However, you can expect to pay between $20,000 and $80,000 CAD for tuition and associated expenses such as books and supplies.
4. What are the job prospects for MBA graduates in Canada?
MBA graduates in Canada enjoy excellent job prospects, with many finding employment in top management positions within organizations across a variety of industries.
The universities listed above offer some of Canada’s top MBA programs. It is important to note some similarities among the eligibility criteria for each university. These common denominators would be:
- A bachelor’s degree is needed
- At least five years of work experience is required.
- Academic success.
- Strong letters of recommendation and personal essays
Certain universities might loosen some of their criteria if the overall application is strong. To learn how to craft an incredible application that will be hard for any university to refuse, contact us and let us help you craft your best possible application!